Tuesday, September 25, 2012

20lbs in 10 weeks Challenge

Today was the first time in probably 2 months that I made it to the gym to run.  I haven't really been motivated to go to the gym to exercise, i have been letting my busy schedule run my life and was cutting out my gym time for relaxation time.  Not a good thing for a psychotherapist and energy worker to cut out, it's a no no on the list of self care we as therapists need to be doing as well as everyone else. 

As I was running and processing my thoughts and feelings, an idea came to my mind.  I need to step up as a leader, I have a lot of people who look up to me and follow my advice.  I need to take my advice and run with it.  My friend Alisha posted on her facebook a few weeks ago a similar challenge which as i was running I began to think about.  I decided for a lot of people, my self included we like and need a challenge or something to motivate us. I started to brain storm things that I could offer or give as an incentive. I have a group of very talented healers that I work with, we are planning to open up a holistic healing center soon.  Our techniques are unique and very beneficial.  Many people seek us out for not only the techniques we use but for our natural healing gifts that each of us possess. I decided it would be amazing to offer these techniques and services as an incentive to lose weight.  Not only will the techniques we use assist in weight loss they have many more profound, spiritual, physical and mental properties to them, which gives the person further insight into themselves and what is going on with them. 

20 lbs in 10 weeks will allow a person to lose a safe amount of weight, just in time for Christmas. Starting October 1st and ending December 9th.  You will have to make it through two holidays Halloween and Thanksgiving, this is going to throw a wrench is some people's progress but if they can get through those two holidays they can get through anything, and they will have learned how to stay healthy around 2 of the biggest food holidays.  Christmas will be easier, because they will know what they need to do to maintain.  This is an open challenge meaning anyone can participate, if you miss the October 1st start date you can still join in.  Participants will email or post to the group event the weight they loss in five pound increments, for every 5 pound post or email their name will be submitted into a drawing of their choice.  They can choose from body talk, zone balance, aroma touch, massage, or life coaching. The grand prize winner will be given the opportunity the experience all of the above.  To qualify to be entered in the grand prize drawing the person must have loss 20lbs or more in the 10 week period of October1st to December 9th
www.cocolococounseling.com

No comments:

Post a Comment